ABOUT VOLUNTEER SERVICE
Volunteers are critical to the success of our mission. We are accepting volunteer applications all year long. Bring your friends!
New volunteers will attend an orientation to learn about the Ladies of Charity-Lake Travis, our mission, and our shop’s procedures. We offer many types of volunteer opportunities that would fit into anyone’s schedule. You will be supporting those in need through this volunteer effort! Please look at our beneficiary page to see how many organizations we support.
Do you need to be a Catholic to become a Member of the Ladies of Charity-Lake Travis?
No. A Member of the Ladies of Charity-Lake Travis is a person with an open heart to serve the poor and interested in spiritual needs as well as the physical needs of those they serve. Spiritual formation is a part of the lives of individual associations.
Do you have to be a Member of Emmaus Catholic Parish?
Do you need to be a Member of a Faith Community or Religious Affiliation?
No. However, the Ladies of Charity follows the spirituality of its founders. The association’s mission is:” to honor and uphold the legacy of St. Vincent de Paul and St Louise de Marillac by serving persons of the poor in humility, simplicity and charity with Christ as our source and our model.”
Our Vision: We will accomplish this mission by imitating Him in all our endeavors and the members will seek sanctification for themselves and others as we provide for the spiritual and corporal welfare of the poor and needy of the community.
Why should I become a Member of the Ladies of Charity-Lake Travis?
HOW DO I VOLUNTEER?
You have decided to become one of our family of volunteers! Wonderful!
- To be in solidarity with each other. Our beliefs in service to the poor are supported in a communal way by supporting each other.
- To be a part of an organization which has roots back to the 1600s as a core foundation to serving the poor.
- To pray and be part of not only a local chapter, but in alliance with a nationwide and international organization which advocates at the state and federal level for systemic change for social injustices.
- Special Invitations to Member Events each year.
- If you are interested in renewing your current membership, annual dues are $25 payable in the Fall.
- Our membership year is January 1st – December 31st.
The online Ladies of Charity Membership Application will be available in September. WE ACCEPT APPLICATIONS FROM SEPTEMBER – DECEMBER OF EACH YEAR. You may also fill out an application in person at the Thrift Shop September – December.
You may pay the $25 Annual Dues through our website or, in person at the shop.
Please make your check payable to Ladies of Charity – Lake Travis and mail it to the address below. Do not send cash through the mail.
Ladies of Charity – Lake Travis
Attn: VP Membership
PO Box 340026
Austin, TX 78734-0001
- Please fill out the application. You may also fill out an application in person at the Thrift Shop.
It is that easy! Someone will contact you and schedule your orientation, and answer any questions you may have.